This year’s HiPEAC conference was supposed to be held in beautiful Budapest, from January 18th to 20th 2021. However, due to the persistent pandemic conditions, it had to be moved to a digital edition.
European Processor Initiative’s consortium gladly accepted the opportunity to participate, both as a sponsor and with a tutorial given to the attendees. Our tutorial was held on Monday, January 18th, and it involved the following topics and presenters:
- Denis Dutoit, CEA: EPI overview and introduction to tutorial topics
- Sergio Saponara, UNIPI: Hardware security module in the EPI GPP
- Fabrizio Magugliani, E4: Update of the PCIe boards as development testbed for EPI
- Lilia Zaourar, Tanguy Sassolas, CEA: SESAM/VPSim: fast and highly configurable simulation framework for the EPI processor
- Andrea Bartolini, Giovanni Bambini, UNIBO: Emulating the power controller of the HPC power management systems
The tutorial was very well attended, and the attendees had a lot of interesting questions.
In addition to the tutorial, the EPI team has also hosted a virtual Brazen booth, where students, young researchers, and other prospective employees popped in to ask questions about the project. From the industrial side of EPI, Fabrizio Magugliani presented EPI in the industrial session, while Jurgen Becker attended the WRC workshop and gave an invited talk that involved EPI as well.
All of the presentations from HiPEAC given by EPI members can be found in our repository:
https://www.european-processor-initiative.eu/dissemination-material/epi-at-hipeac-2021/, while the tutorial video is also available on our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AYDc6THtcM&t=9476s.
Finally, a shout-out to organizers: even though the team is more than eager to participate in the next one, hopefully live, HiPEAC conference, we are thankful to organizers for such a wonderful experience and the opportunity to share our views and ideas.